Innovative collaboration – Tassie winery with Iconic Nordic brand redefines luxury |Rowena Curlewis, CEO, Denomination
It’s not often that you discover a product that totally delights and in fact over-delivers. I recently found an Australian made super premium sparkling wine by Heemskerk winery in Tasmania that has the most elegant Georg Jensen bottle and stopper. After doing my research, I discovered the team behind it. My guest today is Rowena Curlewis, Co-Founder of Denomination, a Sydney based multi-award winning design agency. Rowena and Margaret Nolan, Creative Director, came up with the idea to collaborate with the Danish iconic brand Georg Jensen. Their challenge was how to make Heemskerk super premium sparkling wine more desirable than French champagne for a gift or special occasion. The combination of ultra premium design-led packaging and Heemskerk premium sparkling has created an amazing new category of luxury wine. Rowena talks about this exciting project and collaboration with the Georg Jensen team. She also discusses how the project ticked all the boxes for their client brief. Georg Jensen sparkling truly over-delivers to its target group, with each batch being quickly sold out.
You will learn from Rowena how
- their innovative design taps into consumer need very successfully
- their collaborated with Iconic Nordic brand teams
- they discovered the key principle of Nordic design
- how they were able to deliver the project on very demanding timeline
- the combination of their design with sparkling created a new category of luxury wine